This is an easy project which really is up to you on how detailed or crafty you go.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Cracker snaps
- Empty toilet paper rolls or flat cardboard cut into 12cm strips
- Little gifts and notes to include within your crackers.
- Double-sided tape
- Glue gun or glue
- Good quality wrapping paper
- Ribbons and other embellishments
- Roll your cardboard into a 4-6 cm diameter tube and secure or select your toilet roll.
- Put your snap through the cardboard tube
- Add your gifts, jokes, hats or sweets to the tube
- Cut your wrapping paper into 30cm x 20cm strips.
- Roll your tube in the wrapping paper, keeping it within the middle of the 30cm length
- Tape the rolled paper along the full length with double sided tape
- Twist the ends
- Tie with ribbon, string, raffia at each end after the cardboard roll.
- Add any embellishments you like such as tags, ornaments, photos.
- use cut outs from old Christmas cards. Go vintage and recycle your wrapping paper, robbon and old Christmas cards.
- Make your paper hats from tissue paper. Use your own head as a measure or visit our Christmas DIY section for some pre-prepared.
- Contrasting ribbon will add impact
- Add a band around the middle of a contrasting colour for a professional look
- You can add cardboard rolls to the ends after twisting to add shape to your crackers
- Experiment with different types of paper and fabrics
- Scrapbooking supplies are great for cracker making